BEVERLY HILLS SLIP & FALL LAWYER
It may seem rather surprising to most people, but slip and fall injuries result in civil law cases that entail upwards of $14 million in compensation each and every year. The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) has provided a comprehensive list of facts oriented around slip and fall accidents, and how premises liability cases affect accident victims and property owners.
According to the NFSI, falls of all types lead to serious head injuries, spinal cord injuries, and all sorts of other hazards that will require accident victims to hire an experienced Beverly Hills slip and fall lawyer to hold a property owner accountable for their negligence.
So if you or a loved one has sustained a serious injury in a slip and fall accident, reach out to our personal injury attorneys for a free consultation to learn more about how we can support you in obtaining your full and rightful compensation.
HOW OUR BEVERLY HILLS SLIP AND FALL LAWYERS CAN HELP YOUR CASE
We’re a group of slip & fall accident attorneys and Beverly Hills premises liability lawyers that will support you in holding a property owner accountable for both injury and premises liability.
What’s important for accident victims in Los Angeles and all of California to understand is that property owners aren’t necessarily liable for your injuries in all of these cases. Our team of personal injury lawyers will help you prove how a proprietor failed to maintain the conditions of their parking lots, grocery store, or any property; and we’ll also help you prove the following based upon the foundations of California’s Premises Liability Laws:
- The defendant was the property owner or controlled the accident scene at the time of the personal injury accident.
- The defendant was blatantly negligent in terms of the upkeep of safe conditions and hazards throughout the property.
- That the plaintiff sustained an injury while on the defendant’s property.
- And that the defendant’s overall negligence was what ultimately caused the plaintiff’s accident to occur.
These four elements are absolutely critical when it comes to the intricate personal injury law details of your case, and these factors are what we’ll discuss in detail during your case review. Out of the above four slip and fall accident elements, the most difficult to prove is that the property owner was negligent. Our Beverly Hills slip & fall attorneys will help you prove negligence by demonstrating that at least one of the following stipulations apply to your case:
- A property owner (or an employee working on the property) developed/created the hazards that lead to unsafe conditions.
- The property owner (or an employee) knew about these unsafe conditions and chose to not efficiently fix them.
- The property owner (or the employee) should have known about and understood the dangers posed by the unsafe conditions because a “reasonable property owner” would have known the unsafe conditions were present.
CAN I SUE FOR A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT?
Yes, if certain hazards exist on another individual’s property and those hazards cause your injuries, you can sue within a CA slip and fall case.
You’ll of course need the assistance of a reputable personal injury law firm to help you recover your incurred financial losses and subsequent damages in these scenarios.
We have some of the best personal injury attorneys in Beverly Hills CA that specialize in a whole variety of different practice areas, and we’ll be sure to hold all of the liable individuals and entities accountable for your damages as your slip & fall injury attorneys.
WHAT’S THE AVERAGE PAYOUT FOR A SLIP AND FALL?
The average settlement amounts for slip and fall injuries are between $15,000 and $45,000; however, there are always going to be many factors within all accidents that stipulate the extent of damages and overall payout amounts.
HOW LONG DO SLIP AND FALL SETTLEMENTS TAKE?
All personal injury practice areas tend to take a good amount of time, and slip and fall cases are no different.
It’s important to note that there is a two-year Statute of Limitations that will dictate how long you have to file your civil lawsuit, but after this filing process, it’s likely that it will take months or potentially even over a year until you’ll obtain your compensation for your injuries.
There are many factors that come into play in terms of how long these legal proceedings take, and you can always count on us as your fall accident lawyer to be as meticulous and efficient as possible during each stage.
COMMON INJURIES FROM A SLIP & FALL ACCIDENT
It’s possible for accident victims to sustain all sorts of different injuries within a slip and fall accident scenario, and some of the most common injuries include the following:
Many falls in CA will entail people reporting hip fractures and other types of serious hip injuries that were the result of the accident. Many times people will require surgery and months of physical therapy and rehabilitation efforts to fully recover from a hip fracture.
It’s very common for people to inadvertently bang their heads on objects or the ground during their falls, and brain injuries tend to vary rather dramatically within these types of accidents.
Some head injuries will be along the lines of a mild concussion, whereas other accident victims will potentially sustain moderate or even very serious TBIs (traumatic brain injuries).
BACK & SPINAL CORD INJURIES
Back and spinal cord injuries are very common within slip and fall cases, and these injuries can include slipped discs, herniated discs, and potentially even severe spinal cord damage.
Sprained ankles are one of the most common injuries that occur during falls, and this is because we simply don’t have the time to react and catch ourselves.
Many people will dislocate a shoulder during a slip and fall accident, and this can lead to nerve damage around the shoulder. Lingering nerve damage in the shoulder area can lead to sustained injuries for long periods of time.
EXAMPLES OF AREAS IN WHICH SLIP AND FALL INJURIES OCCUR
The accident scene of slip and fall accidents can literally happen just about anywhere in Los Angeles and the entirety of California, but some examples include the following:
- An office building
- Parking lots
- A grocery store
- Shopping centers
- Public restrooms
- Any property without proper warning signs
- And many other areas…
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A SLIP & FALL
The following steps are what you or your loved one can do in the moments after a slip and fall accident:
- GET MEDICAL ASSISTANCE: It will be crucial to see a doctor as soon as you can after this type of accident, and this is partly because a lot of people may be more injured than they originally believe. Also, proving your injuries and getting compensation will require medical documentation.
- REPORTING THE SLIP & FALL ACCIDENT: Slip and fall accidents happen throughout Los Angeles and CA all the time, so you should report your accident to the proper authorities who will help you. This includes reporting your injury to the property owner or employee manager, as well as the proper insurance companies.
- OBTAIN EVIDENCE: Every personal injury case requires substantial amounts of evidence, and that’s why you’re going to need to think about your evidence as much as you can at the accident scene. This means taking pictures/videos of the hazards if possible.
- REACH OUT TO A BEVERLY HILLS PREMISES LIABILITY LAWYER: Reaching out to a personal injury law firm based in Beverly Hills CA that specializes in premises liability will always be one of your most important steps to take after your accident. Our lawyers will be able to thoroughly review the circumstances surrounding your injury case and put you in the right direction towards your most effective course for legal action.
A BEVERLY HILLS SLIP & FALL ATTORNEY YOU CAN TRUST
The Hurwitz Law Group is a law firm based in Beverly Hills CA that specializes in helping personal injury plaintiffs obtain their full and rightful compensation for their sustained injuries and damages.
Reach out to us online or call us at 323-287-9849 to get in touch with a Beverly Hills Slip & Fall Lawyer and learn more about your legal options during your free consultation.