Brian Hurwitz is an experienced criminal defense attorney who has established a reputation among clients, prosecutors, and judges as an honest and trustworthy gentleman. He recognizes the stress and anxiety brought about when people are faced with criminal charges that may have a devastating effect on their lives. Achieving positive results for these individuals requires an attorney steeped in California law who also possesses insight into human nature. Brian understands that his clients expect him to be compassionate and sympathetic as he listens carefully to their problems. To prepare a solid defense strategy, Brian has found that practicing every day in the courtrooms of Los Angeles and surrounding counties has afforded him the opportunity to gain intimate knowledge of the reasoning used by prosecutors and judges as they assess the cases brought before them. This valuable information and that gathered from listening to client predicaments is then used to refute vigorously the arguments presented by the district attorney. Underlying Brian’s entire approach to winning in court is the importance of open and frequent communication. This skill comes second nature to Brian. He knows that speaking forthrightly about possible consequences and always being available to answer client questions is essential for a positive attorney-client relationship. Brian has used his good communication techniques to become an accomplished negotiator. Thus, if he cannot convince the judge to dismiss a case outright, he turns to plea bargaining where he uses his talent to persuade to get the best possible results for his clients. Brian exudes confidence and this trait leads to trust and faith in him as he works tirelessly and diligently to fight the charges brought against his clients. Hard work, perseverance, and determination are what clients can expect from Brian.
The People V. Raju C.
The People v. Elijah R.
People v. Alonso G.
CCB Downtown La Court
The People v. Dillian
Long Beach Court
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Recent Victories
- Not Guilty on Felony Robbery (LONG BEACH COURT). THE PEOPLE V. DILLIAN
- Mistrial on Lewd Conduct which would have require 290 sex registration (COMPTON COURTHOUSE). PEOPLE V. ELIJAH R.
- Sexual Battery Dismissed on Eve of Trial (CCB DOWNTOWN LA COURT). PEOPLE V. ALONSO G.
- Domestic Violence Dismissed on Eve of Trial (BELLFLOWER COURT). THE PEOPLE V. RAJU C.
- FELONY CRIMINAL THREATS, ASSAULT WITH DEADLY WEAPON, DIVERSION FOR 1 YEAR ON MISDEMEANOR AND THEN DISMISSED (CCB DOWNTOWN LA) THE PEOPLE V. LAKE S.
- GIVING DRINK TO MINOR AT AVALON CLUB , MET WITH CITY ATTORNEY AND PREVENTED CHARGES FROM BEING FILED BEFORE FIRST COURT DATE. PEOPLE V. ENRIGUE D. (CCB DOWNTOWN LA COURT)
- PETTY THEFT. PREVENTED CHARGES FROM BEING FILED (CCB DOWNTOWN LA COURT) PEOPLE V. MICHAEL M.
- DRUNK IN PUBLIC – DISMISSED AT ARRAIGNMENT (SAN FERNANDO)
- UNDER INFLUENCE OF METH AND POSSESION PIPE – DISMISSED AT ARRAIGNMENT (TORRANCE)
- FELONY ROBBERY – LIVE IN REHAB SUSPENDED PRISON TIME (LONG BEACH)
- 3 RD TIME FELONY GRAND THEFT AUTO – LIVE IN REHAB AND SUSPENDED PRISON TIME
- 7 FELONY GRAND THEFT, AUTO BURGLARY, 2ND DEGREE BURGLARY , SPLIT SENTENCE 6 MONTHS CJ AND 6 MONTHS REHAB
- 3 TIME OFFENDER CHARGED WITH 6 COUNTS OF FELONY DRUG SALES/TRANSPORTATION OF METH, HEROINE, COCAINE, MARIJUANA, , PLEAD TO 1 COUNT METH SALES WITH 6 MONTHS REHAB
Los Angeles DUI Results
- BAC .10/.10 DUI DISMISSED , PLEA TO WET RECKLESS (VAN NUYS COURT)
- BAC .12/.12 DUI WITH TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AND DUI DISMISSED , PLEA TO WET RECKLESS (SAN FERNANDO COURT)
- BAC .08/.08 DUI DISMISSED , PLEA TO EXHIBITION OF SPEED (METRO DOWNTOWN LA)
- BAC .17 , DUI DISMISSED , REFUSAL DISMISSED OPEN CONTAINER IN VEHICLE DISMISSED, AND PLEA TO WET RECKLESS (METRO DOWNTOWN LA)
- REFUSAL, PAS OF .18 , DISMISSED REFUSAL, (EAST LA)
- BAC .19/.18 DUI DISMISSED AND PLEA TO DRUNK IN PUBLIC (METRO COURT DT LA)
- DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE OF MARIJUANA ., SET FOR TRIAL DUI DISMISSED
- BAC .17/.17 – CASE FILED AFTER 6 MONTHS/WARRANT ISSUED/CLIENT ARRESTED 2 YEARS LATER/ FILED SERNA MOTION GOT CASE DISMISSED FOR LACK OF SPEEDY TRIAL (VAN NUYS)
- BAC .09/09, ALSO CHARGED WITH DRIVING SUSPENDED LICENSE FROM PRIOR DUI, CLIENT WAS ARRESTED AT DUI CHECKPOINT. RESULT: DUI DISMISSED, PLEA TO DRIVING ON SUSPENDED LICENSE. (METRO DOWNTOWN LA)
- BAC .19/.19 WITH TRAFFIC ACCIDENT, CASE DISMISSED. ( PREVENTED DMV FROM SUSPENDING LICENSE) (BELLFOWER)
- BAC .17/.17 CLIENT SLEEPING IN VEHICLE PARKED IN FRONT OF CHP STATION WITH KEY IN IGNOTION, CAR RUNNING. CASE DISMISSED! (PREVENTING DMV FROM SUSPENDING DRIVER LICENSE) (GLENDALE)
- BAC.10/.10 – DUI DISMISSED, PLEA TO WET RECKLESS (VAN NUYS)